IATSE Local 488 welcomes all experienced Motion Picture and Digital Media Professionals who work in our Covered Crafts to sign up for our Referral List. Here are the instructions to be placed on our Referral List for I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 488, Studio Mechanics of the Pacific Northwest.
Fill out the Referral List Sign-Up Form and submit the requested documents
If you are a member of another IATSE Local:
You may work in our jurisdiction after you submit the form and receive your acceptance into our Referral List.
Also, if you have certification cards relating to your craft/work, please upload a photo or pdf of these as well, via the form.
If you are not a member of another IATSE Local:
Please fill out the Referral List Sign-Up Form, submit requested documents and we will get back to you via phone or email.
Also, if you have certification cards relating to your craft/work, please upload a photo or pdf of these as well via the form.
All participants on the Referral List need to fulfill the following requirements to remain active on the list:
- Each Quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1) you need to submit either a copy of your current updated resume or a current IATSE Membership card with current stamps.
- Please also send along any updates to your address, email, and phone info.
- We also ask that you fill out and submit a Work Fees Assessment Check-Off Form at the time of your initial sign up. See form attached below to download, fill out, and return to us.
- This form is kept on record for submission to payroll when you work one of our Union jobs. All workers who serve as crew members in our Craft positions on Union jobs pay 3% of their gross wages to IATSE Local, 488. These fees are used to pay the costs we incur maintaining our contracts you work under such as: office rental, officer salaries, legal fees, and our work with productions to maintain safety, proper working conditions. and uphold the terms of the contracts.
- Work Fees also help to pay for Member trainings.
- You need to submit a report of all of your entertainment industry work in our jurisdiction, whether Union or non-Union. You can report your work on the Report Work - Referral List page (it can also be found under the "Member Resources" tab)
- The report should be submitted as soon as you’re hired for a job.
- Our jurisdiction encompasses Oregon, Washington, Idaho, & Montana
Union Benefits: Health, Pension and Annuity
If you are not a member of another IATSE Local you will want to be aware of is that by working on jobs under our Union contracts, you will automatically receive benefit contributions to an account in your name with the IATSE National Benefits Fund (NBF). Please fill out and return the IATSE National Benefits Fund Address Change/Census Form attached so that when you work on a Union job your benefits will go into your account.
Our contracts stipulate the daily amount that the employer pays into your account towards your health insurance, pension, and annuity. The NBF manages the contributions. Even though you are receiving contributions, you will not be able to access these benefits until you are enrolled. You can find out more by going to the IATSE NBF Website.
You should monitor your account monthly on the NBF website as well as keep aware of postal mailings from the NBF. You will be alerted via postal mail once your health insurance account has enough money to pay for one quarter of insurance premium plus a $150, one time processing fee.
If you miss this important NBF alert and do not respond they will automatically enroll you in the insurance program and deduct funds the from your health insurance account.
Please contact the IATSE 488 Business Agents if you have any questions about joining the Referral List.
For questions about becoming a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local 488 please view our Join Local 488 webpage and email questions to Vice President Rebecca Cook at membership@IATSE488.org.